Saturday, January 20, 2007

Rachel Carson

The Rachel Carson article was very inspiring. I love it when people take a stand on an issue and make a difference. I believe that her arguments on the DDT spraying had such an impact for a few different reasons. While reading the article, I felt that not many people at that time had the confidence or popularity to stand up to such a big issue. Also, Rachel Carson did an amazing job by writing the book so that everyone could understand. Because of her “Down to Earth” writing tactics, Rachel was able to reach out to everyone, not just scientists or individuals relative to the spraying. Just reading the story about Rachel Carson’s arguments to DDT spraying impacted me, so I can imagine how it impacted the people actually living through its effects.

No comments: