Saturday, January 27, 2007

Fulkerson Article

I honestly enjoyed reading Fulkerson’s article. It was simple, to the point, and interesting. After reading the article thoroughly, Fulkerson’s persuasion to get readers to choose a topic that interests them really pays off! He definitely persuaded me. What happens when you do not choose a topic that interests you? I believe that most papers in this situation are rather bland. There is no passion, no spark. Writing a ten page paper about something that does not interest you would be difficult.

The section of Fulkerson’s article that helped me the most would be the description of different types of arguments. As I was reading this section, I had arguments that pertained to my topics floating around in my head. It’s a bit difficult to read critically when your mind is on another topic. I guess that is a good thing in this situation! At this point, the evaluative question seems to be more of my style, but we’ll see!

No comments: