Friday, February 2, 2007

Ballenger Article

I enjoyed reading “Learning to Trust the Twelfth Picture on the Roll” by Bruce Ballenger. The article made me realize that it is important to go through numerous steps of research to get a grasp on what you want to write about, and the importance of narrowing your topic. I enjoyed reading about his photographs and the persistence of narrowing the subject of the photos. He started off with a broad picture, and narrowed his way down. He also chose a subject that intrigued him, which I believe is very important. It seemed that the article reinforced what we have been learning all along about narrowing our topics and the importance of choosing a topic that suites our interests. It is not an easy thing to do, or so for me it isn’t. Too bad my topic couldn’t be photographed; it may have helped me a little!

No comments: